Below you will find an overview of the ways I work with clients, whether it be a one hour briefing on how to assess the chances of regulatory intervention in a merger case or a retainer arrangement for assistance across a merger inquiry or market investigation.
If you want more information on any of the options listed below – or to explore a project that isn’t listed – please email me or phone me on 0795 005 7103.
Face-to-face executive briefings on a range of merger control topics relevant to companies considering mergers or already engaged with a merger investigation. See my ‘Briefings‘ page to learn more.
Many clients value a focused, one-off or occasional consultation on merger matters that are important to them, whether it be
- investors seeking a view on the prospects for regulatory intervention in a deal
- companies wanting an experienced independent view from someone outside the core project team – for example, to give feedback on a draft submission or on a piece of merger analysis
I regularly work with other advisers as part of an overall project team, providing expert knowledge of the CMA process together with economics advice and analysis.
Project clients include:
- merging companies preparing to make their case to the CMA
- companies preparing to make representations to the CMA in respect of mergers that affect them as rivals, customers or suppliers
- companies involved in a CMA market investigation
Some clients prefer a retainer arrangement to enable cost-efficient and flexible access to advice when needed over a defined period – such as a Phase 1 or Phase 2 merger investigation, a market inquiry.
Investor clients sometimes also prefer to use retainer arrangements to provide for a set number of briefings over a given period.
Training and coaching
I regularly help companies rehearse as they prepare to present their case at a CMA oral hearing.
I also run a range of training events for companies, adviser firms and competition agencies. Please see my ‘training’ page to find out more.