I help companies, their advisers and investors as they anticipate or navigate merger investigations by the UK’s Competition and Markets Authority.,
I often work alongside other expert advisers, providing highly-targeted interventions to assess case prospects and/or strengthen the case.
My work helps clients under six main headings:
- Understanding and navigating UK merger control
- Assessing UK merger control risks and case prospects
- Strengthening submissions to the CMA through a constructive challenge role
- Building and making the best case
- Preparing for CMA hearings – including as a panellist for rehearsal hearings
- Briefing the CMA on why no investigation is needed.
My consulting draws on:
- Over 20 years experience working in UK merger control for business and the competition authorities, including as Head of Merger Economics at the OFT
- Close involvement in hundreds of UK merger investigations
- Analysis from my unique UK merger database of over 400 past CMA cases – to guide effective case-making and risk assessment
- train competition agencies around the world in investigation skills and techniques
- run training events for companies and advisers on how to make a better merger case
- advise companies involved in CMA market investigations