I regularly brief senior corporate executives and investment analysts on topics concerning UK merger control and CMA market investigations, such as:
- What you need to know about UK merger control if you are thinking of merging
- How to assess the chances of regulatory intervention
- The CMA’s special arrangements for ‘small’ markets: risks and opportunities
- The critical ingredients in planning for a Phase 1 merger inquiry
- The evidence that counts most at Phase 1
- What to do if your merger is referred to a Phase 2 investigation
- How best to intervene in a UK merger case if you are a customer or competitor
- How best to prepare for a formal CMA hearing
- Lessons from the most recent UK merger control decisions
- How the CMA assesses retail mergers
- After the CMA investigation: How top companies use the experience to identify new opportunities
- How to prepare for a CMA market study or market investigation
Oral briefings are available by telephone or in person. They do not need to be part of a wider piece of work and are charged by the hour.
For further details please call me on 0795 005 7103.
Many executives involved in mergers that are or may be investigated by the CMA like to know what the CMA’s track record in handling deals like theirs.
Click here for a list of recent topics covered in these briefings.
If you are a senior executive considering or implementing a merger please call me on 0795 005 7103 to arrange a free one-to-one telephone briefing during October on any one of these topics.
Annual A-Z of UK Merger Control
Each year I run a limited number of briefings examining the highlights of UK merger analysis during the calendar year just completed.
One booking remains available for the A-Z review of 2017 cases which will take place in January 2017.
For details please call me on 0795 005 7103