Mergers, market inquiries and competition investigations demand a breadth of skills and knowledge, not only on the part of the competition agencies but also on the part of the companies involved and their professional economics and legal advisers.
Time pressures and the importance of ‘getting it right first time’ leave little room for ‘learning on the job’.
Shared understanding is particularly important to helping the team work well from day one.
Training and coaching interventions can therefore play a key role in building effective cases and strong team-working. They deliver most value when they:
- have very clear objectives
- are well-designed and tailored to the needs of the attendees
- incorporate a plan for follow-up in the design and delivery of the course.
I have designed and run training and coaching events for many organisations, including recently for:
- competition agencies
- adviser firms and
- companies facing investigation.
Recent examples have covered:
- evidence-gathering skills training for competition agencies in several different countries
- preparation and rehearsal of senior executives prior to key hearings
- seminars on recent developments in UK merger analysis.
I also run regular briefings for company directors, including free-of-charge events. For details please click here or visit the ‘Briefings’ page.