Investors, investment management firms and other interested parties regularly ask me to help them assess the prospects for mergers already under CMA investigation, especially those involved in a Phase 2 in-depth inquiry.
Questions I usually cover include:
- What does the Phase 1 published decision tell us about Phase 2 prospects?
- What are the most similar past Phase 2 cases?
- What do the outcomes of those cases tell us about Phase 2 prospects for the case at hand?
- What are the key things to watch out for as the investigation proceeds?
To answer these questions I draw on data from my unique database of CMA cases which enables identification and analysis of the most similar previous cases, such as:
- Those with the same or very similar key features
- Those with the same pattern of potential concerns
- Those with the same pattern of Phase 1 reasoning
Briefings usually take place by conference call or video call and range from one-on-one discussions to briefings for multiple participants. Typically briefings last between 60 and 90 minutes.
Please click here for details of current cases on which I am delivering briefings and how to access them.